KeithDib

SysCtr 2012 Client install

My SysCtr 2012 system is not yet live, after migrating the 2007 information in I'm still doing some testing.

I've installed a few clients manually and its mostly working fine, Packages deploy and I can rebuild machines etc

I have not yet configured the Client to Automatically deply, and when I select a collection and select Install Client this does not work. I believe this should work even though global client deployment is not turned on?

thanks

Hi,

Client firewall and permissions could be the reason, I always use a startup script in a GPO instead and then filter that Startup script gpo to a security group so I still can control which clients get the new client. Jason has written a great startup script here: http://blog.configmgrftw.com/configmgr-client-startup-script/

Regards,
Jörgen