markv

Dell hardware issue

I have just recently created a simple OSD for deployment to our Dell OptiPlex estate of 760, 780, 790 and 7010 models.

To the 760,780 and 790 everything works fine, but to the 7010 the OSD fails with only the base image being installed, not joined to the domain or any other software from the TS being deployed (only some of the software is installed)

The TS carries along well and does not throw any errors until the final step when I get a 15 minute countdown

Throughout the deployment the DC's can be pinged quite happily.

After two days of scratching my head, I am now appealing to people far more experienced than myself for some help.

I have enclosed the log file that is migrated at the end to the correct location

smsts-20141008-161817.log

This is from your log file:

Failed to run the action: Disable Flash Update.
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Error: 8007052E; Source: Windows) TSManager 10/8/2014 4:03:01 PM 356 (0x0164)

Now I don't know how your task sequence is set up. Is this action set up to only run specifically for the 7010?

The other question I have is the task sequence installing the drivers for the 7010? Are there any missing device drivers when you pull up the device manager on the 7010 after a failed OSD attempt?

Also, do you have what's called a Network Access Account setup on the SCCM site?