broc

enable TPM w/HP Bios Configurator:Password is set,no password file provided

Original Bios v1.05
Upgrade Bios v1.08
Bios Configurator v.4.0.15.1
Windows 10 v1607
Laptop: EliteBook 1040 G3

I'm trying to setup SCCM to automate configuring a BIOS password, enabling the TPM and storing the details in AD. I'm worndering if anyone has this setup as I'm running in some issues.

Setup.
1. Created a BiosPassword.bin file from the password configurator - works
2. Created a package in SCCM with the required files
3. Created TS step to set password - BIOSConfigUtility64.exe /npwdfile:BiosPassword.bin - works
4. Created step to Enable TPM - BiosConfigUtility64.exe /SetConfig:EnTPM1040G3.REPSET /cpwdfile:BiosPassword.bin - fails

Failure message:
<ERROR msg="Unable to process command. Password is set, but no password file is provided" />
<ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="10" translated="10" />
Failed to run the action: Enable TPM for HP EliteBook 1040 G3. The environment is incorrect. (Error: 0000000A; Source: Windows)

Testing: The TS complains about the password file yet it's the same bin file used to set the password.
1. Created a joint step to set password and enable TPM but fails with the same error
- BiosConfigUtility64.exe /SetConfig:EnableTPM1040G3.REPSET /nspwdfile:BiosPassword.bin

2. Ran the file directly from a PC - file runs and the password is accepted but I cannot change TPM activation policy so prompted for F1 on a manual reboot
TPM Activation Policy,
F1 to Boot
Allow user to reject
*No prompts

3. Upgraded the Bios but I get the same two failures.

4. Placed a restart computer step into the TS after the Enable of TPM but makes no difference as initial file fails to run.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Don't know why I getting failed password response since the same bin file is being used. Also don't want users to be prompted to enable TPM as this removes the zero touch deployment.