ETx13

Server 2022 Network not Reconnecting after Restart

Recently (pass few months) I've noticed that after a restart the servers don't reconnect to the network. After I login, then it reconnects automatically. We just got 2 new Dell servers, fresh install of Server 2022 (not on domain yet) and the issue is still there. Every time I restart them, I have to use iDRAC to remote on to login and then I can RDP and keep working. Anyone else experiencing this or know why this is happening?

i'm guessing it's your NIC (network) drivers, what are they shown as in device manager ? have you tried installing the latest drivers+bios version from dell ?

Looks like it was the network driver after all. Thought I had the latest (we're not in 2017 anymore? Oh boy..) but then found one from last year. Still a bit slow to connect after a reboot but it does so without logging in. As for the BIOS, I learned that LifeCycle from Dell doesn't update the BIOS to the latest version. Found a newer version on their site.

Thanks for the tip! It's nice when someone tells you to check on basic things since we all sometimes forget :)