ramsy

Software Distribution

Question

Hello

I have a server with 2008 r2 an sccm 2007 sp2. i will deploy software. i create the packages and update the distribution points. after i creating a advertisements for this package and linking to a collection. in this collection has 2 clients. but he starting the advertisements. what does it need anything for the software distribution?

thanks for your supports.

3 answers to this question

Hello

I have a server with 2008 r2 an sccm 2007 sp2. i will deploy software. i create the packages and update the distribution points. after i creating a advertisements for this package and linking to a collection. in this collection has 2 clients. but he starting the advertisements. what does it need anything for the software distribution?

thanks for your supports.

Before the deployement can begin the clients need to download a new policy (so they know what to though).

The clients download the policy from the management point at custom intervals.

This setting can be controlled here:

post-2500-12802918556196_thumb.jpg

thank you for your answer. the problem is also when i initiate the maschine and the user policy, but nothing happens. in the run advertised programs has nothing messages.

If you look at this report: "Status of a specific advertisement" and input the advertisementID of your advertisementI

Does it say that the advertisement has been accepted on your machines?

If so you could look into the logfile called execmgr.log which can be found here C:\Windows\System32\CCM\Logs (on the client) for further details.

PS also make sure that your package has been installed on your DP

post-2500-12803028318533_thumb.jpg