Rakesh Kumar

Task Sequence Error

Question

Hi,

I have downloaded XP_to_Windows_7_Demo_-_X86_using_Hardlinking.xml from "http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1633-sample-xp-to-windows-7-task-sequences" and imported it into SCCM console. After that i have edited some settings as per my understanding and made an advertiesment and deployed them to on XP Sp3 machine. when task sequence started after some it given error as attached. i have attached screentshot and smsts log file.

post-4594-12907871767699_thumb.jpg

smsts.log

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have downloaded XP_to_Windows_7_Demo_-_X86_using_Hardlinking.xml from "http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1633-sample-xp-to-windows-7-task-sequences" and imported it into SCCM console. After that i have edited some settings as per my understanding and made an advertiesment and deployed them to on XP Sp3 machine. when task sequence started after some it given error as attached. i have attached screentshot and smsts log file.i need your help to troubleshoot the issue.

i forgot to attached customized task sequence file. now attached it. your kind help will be highly appreciated.

Hard Link.xml

What is the SCCM Clients version? I ask this as I've only seen this error with a migration from XP with a SP1 client to W7 with a SP2 client. So make sure that the client is already at SP2 level.

sorry for the delay. it has SP2 client.

On both (XP and Win7). We have Upgraded our SCCM Infrastructure to SCCM SP2 & R2 due to our Windows 7 and Office 2010 Migration Project. Currently we are in testing Phase.

Can anyone help me on this issue. your help will be highly appreciated.