Babs

SCCM 2012 Beta 2 Collections

I've been looking for a while now for good walk through for creating collections in SCCM 2012 Beta 2, but can't find much of anything. I didn't notice any threads on this particular issue so I thought I'd start one.

I'm looking at creating collections based on organizational units as described here. Any help I could get would be much appreciated!

I've been looking for a while now for good walk through for creating collections in SCCM 2012 Beta 2, but can't find much of anything. I didn't notice any threads on this particular issue so I thought I'd start one.

I'm looking at creating collections based on organizational units as described here. Any help I could get would be much appreciated!

okay.did you find any difference while creating collection given from the above link ? Have you tried with above procedure under device collection node?

In SCCM2012, it is mandatory to limit the collection.

okay.did you find any difference while creating collection given from the above link ? Have you tried with above procedure under device collection node?

In SCCM2012, it is mandatory to limit the collection.

There are of course visual differences that are very apparent between 2007 and 2012. To the best of my knowledge, the only place to perform the procedure is in the device collection node. The collections have been limited, yes.

Nothing I've read indicates there is any change in the setup of collections between 2007 and 2012. For some reason however the created collections aren't populating.

I discovered this morning that I had neglected to enable AD System Group Discovery. Once I set this up my collections started working like a charm!

I will soon be posting visual tutorials for SCCM Beta 2 on my blog.